The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Log scale from 0-1 and thereAFTER linear scale

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mervita Posted - 09/27/2007 : 09:58:38 AM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 SR4 v7.5853 (B853)
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi!

Is there a way in Origin to make a graph with log10 scale in the beginning of x-axis (values from 0 to 1) and then continue the same axis with linear scaling (values from 1 to 10, for example)?

BR, Mervi
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mervita Posted - 09/28/2007 : 05:23:21 AM

Thanks Larry, your suggestion solved the problem although since I'm not very good at organizing layers it will take me a while to complete my multipanel graph..

I noted, however that since the scales in the two graphs are not the same, you actually need to clip data to frames. Otherwise an error bar extending from the log side to linear side (and the other way around) does not end to correct position.

Mervi
larry_lan Posted - 09/28/2007 : 03:50:17 AM
Maybe a workaround is, create two graph sepereately, and then merge them. (Edit : Merge All Graph Windows). Set gaps between them as 0 when merging the two graphs.

Since the error bar may out of layer frame, uncheck the following checkboxes on Plot Detail dialog.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Mervita Posted - 09/28/2007 : 03:23:20 AM

Thanks! This helped already a lot!

Is there a way to get rid of the axis brake mark and make the axis continue without a gap? Here's a picture where the bottom part is the kind of figure I've started with and up is the one where I've made the log10 to linear change. My problem is that I have values AT one and across one and as you can see the data breaks down where the axis break is.

Mervi
Mike Buess Posted - 09/27/2007 : 10:34:34 AM
Format the entire axis as log10 and uncheck the Log 10 Scale After Break option on the Format dialog's Break tab. Here are details...

1. Start with linear plot and format as log10 as shown below.

2. Click Apply to create the log10 plot below. Configure Break tab as shown. (Remember to uncheck Log 10 Scale After Break option.)

3. Click Apply or OK to create the mixed plot shown here.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 09/27/2007 1:33:30 PM

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000