The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 minus '-' in axis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
heniek Posted - 11/01/2007 : 06:46:31 AM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System:win Xp + sp2
I have to change a minus char '-' long in axis label, not in title axis but minus char negativ number. Existing minus is to shorter to my publisher editor. Thanks a lot for helping me. Heniek.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
heniek Posted - 11/18/2007 : 10:22:06 AM
Hi Deanna,
thank's a lot for helping me, this tip&trick is very usefull.
Heniek
Deanna Posted - 11/11/2007 : 10:54:16 PM
Maybe you can try the following when the axis indeces include both minus and plus numbers:
1. Add an additional column to the worksheet. Copy or type the axis tick labels to it. For all minus numbers, add an additional "-" before it. For example, for "-10", change the correcsponding cell in this new column to "--10".

2. Go to the graph that has the data plot. Double-click on an axis to open the Axis Properties dialog. In the Tick Labels tab, change Type to Tick-indexed Dataset, choose the dataset we created in Step 1 as Dataset and set a special font which connects adjacent minus chars with the Font drop-down list. Click OK to close the dialog.

This is a work around in Origin 7.5. For Origin 8 users who want to do the similar thing in Origin 8, just add a column for tick labels and use Rich Text (long minus symbol) to replace ordinary minus char. Then do step 2 above, but you don't have to use special fonts.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - Deanna on 11/11/2007 10:57:56 PM
heniek Posted - 11/11/2007 : 05:44:49 AM
Hi Deanna,
Thanks for your help. Your solution is ok and works for me in some cases. Everytime is open problem how change long minus in mixed values (from minus to plus).
Deanna Posted - 11/04/2007 : 9:02:17 PM
Hi Heniek,

If the axis labels are all minus numbers, this work around may work. But if any axis label is not minus number, this method will not be suitable.
  • Open the Axis Properties dialog by double-clicking on the axis.

• In the Tick Labels tab, enter \g(-) in the Prefix editbox.

• In the Minor Tick Labels tab, uncheck Minus Signs under Other Options.

• Click OK to close the dialog.

Deanna
heniek Posted - 11/02/2007 : 04:42:07 AM
Hi,
Yes, I know but minus is to short in any fonts. Ex arial 12px has minus char about 2mm long, but for my publish editor char is to short :/. Heniek
larry_lan Posted - 11/01/2007 : 11:29:59 PM
Maybe you can change the Fonts?

Thanks
Larry

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000