The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fit Multi-Peaks vs user-defined function

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
radovanherchel Posted - 01/15/2008 : 04:24:49 AM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 8 SR1
Operating System: WinXP

Multi-peaks feature is very nice, but I would like to use it for my own defined functions, I mean, not only for Gaussian or Loretzian.
Is there some way how to add my own function into menu or some way how to modify some code?

Thank you in advance for help
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 09/04/2012 : 4:05:51 PM
Hi U@y,

So what you are looking for is to fit multiple peaks in a single dataset, where each peak is to be fit with a different peak function? If yes, the best way to do this is to use the Peak Analylzer tool available in OriginPro:
http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/DataAnalysis/PeakAnalysis&pid=1763

Easwar
OriginLab
u@nlo Posted - 09/04/2012 : 02:14:34 AM
Hi easwar

Can you please tell me about multi peak fit using user defined fucntion which contains two or more functions..it means my data has gaussian and laorentzian peaks how can i go for user defined function for it and hwo can i data for the peaks individually..

Regarda
U@y

<b><i>U@NLO</i></b>
easwar Posted - 01/15/2008 : 12:03:09 PM
Hi Radovan,

Yes, the multi-peak fit dialog launched from the analysis menu currently limits the peaks to gaussian and lorentzian only.

You could however do the following:
1> Make a graph of your multi-peak data
2> With graph active, click the "Regional Data Selector" button in the Tools toolbar (7th button) and choose "Selection on Active Plot" from the flyout
3> Go to the graph and draw rectangles to define each peak area separately, thus basically defining multiple ranges from the same dataset - note that there can be overlap in the ranges such as say overlap in baseline part
4> Once you have defined a range for each peak in your data, bring up the NLFit tool from the Analysis->Fitting->Nonlinear Curve Fit menu item. The fitter will automatically recognize that you have multiple ranges
5> Select your user-defined fitting function. If you have written Parameter Initialization code for your function, that code will run and initialize each range separately and generate initial parameter values. If not you need to click the Parameter tab and specify appropriate initial values
6> Click on the Data Selection entry in the left and optionally change the "Multi-Data Fit Mode" drop-down to "Global Fit". This will allow you to share parameters between the various ranges, such as say sharing a common y-offset

You can then complete the fit and generate the report.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000