The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 simcurve in data plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sterw Posted - 01/29/2008 : 05:36:15 AM
Hi Wim,

We will look into improving this in future service release.

For now here is a possible workaround:
1> In your original data sheet (or for that matter a separate sheet) add two empty X, Y columns
2> Plot the original data along with the empty XY column data, so your graph already has both - of course only one curve will be visible at this point
3> Bring up Simulate dialog (menu: Analysis->fitting->simulate) and then click on the button to the right of the output branch. This will scroll up the dialog and allow you to go specify where to put the output. Go to the worksheet where you added the two empty X,Y cols and drag and select both and expand the dialog again

Now your output will go to those cols and since the cols are alreeady plotted, the simulate curve will be in the graph you started with.

Again, we will look into improving this.

Easwar
OriginLab
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sterw Posted - 01/30/2008 : 4:23:23 PM
Thank you.
That is a workable solution!

Wim
easwar Posted - 01/30/2008 : 11:27:52 AM
quote:

The simulate curve dialog does not remember the previous settings and each time the worksheet has to be made the active window.

Hi Wim,

Thank you for the additional comments. We will look into improving the simulate tool. For now, here is one other way:
1> With your data selected in wks, or with graph, bring up fitter and select the desired function
2> Click on Parameters tab and fix all parameters and change the values as desired. Click the Chi-Sqr button in the middle panel. This will show curve with current parameter values in preview. So you can change and click chi-sqr again to update the curve.
3> (Optional)Go to Settings-Advanced page and customize the output and quantities to compute, so the report sheet is simplified - you only need the parameter table basically
4> Click Fit to complete the process and close the dialog.

Of course no fitting will be done as all parameters were fixed. But you can now recall the dialog using Change Parameters option on the output lock, and change any of the parameters to modify your simulate curve.

Easwar
OriginLab

sterw Posted - 01/30/2008 : 05:31:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you will look into improving this since, also with the workaround you describe, it is rather elaborate to see the effect of changing parameters in a simulation. The simulate curve dialog does not remember the previous settings and each time the worksheet has to be made the active window.
I would also appreciate an apply button so both the dialog box and the graph with data and simulation remain visible.

Wim
easwar Posted - 01/29/2008 : 4:46:15 PM
Hi Wim,

My apologies...I edited your original post instead of posting a reply...

Your question was: how to place the simulate curve by default into the graph that has your data plotted....

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000