The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with advanced fiiting tool

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nkourn Posted - 02/01/2008 : 05:36:37 AM
Origin Version (Origin Pro 7.5 SRO):
Operating System:(Windows 2000 SP4)

Hallo. I am newbie with Origin and i am facing a problem with advanced fitting tool. I want to find the fitting curve according to the equation y=100-a(1-1/e^bt) for the following data:

Time Values
0 100
10 97,52
20 64,27
30 51,69
60 49,73

I have customized the equation (as y script)The problem is that i dont know the initial a and b values in order to make the parameters initialization. So when i try t make the fit (without giving any a and b value and with automatic parameter initialization enabled) I receive the answer: "Error. The parameters a and b are not properly initialized. Check their values"

I would appreciate if you could me with this problem
Nikos
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 02/01/2008 : 10:09:37 AM
Hi Nikos,

A set of initial values for all of the parameters is of course required for the iterative process to begin. With built-in functions we provide code that examines the data and comes up with initial guess values. You are working with a user-defined function, so you have two choices:
1> write some parameter initialization code, similar to what we do, to come up with values - this is beneficial if you wish to fit many datasets with this equation
2> put in some constant values - note that you can save the constant values in the fdf and if the values are "reasonable" the iterative process will converge

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000