The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Limit Lines

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aronkim Posted - 05/01/2008 : 1:00:35 PM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0
Operating System: XP

I have several Graph templates that I have created, and was wondering how to get limit lines placed on them. Limit lines are a graphical way of insuring that measured data falls within a given specification. For example, if I had a spec of 2.0 +/- 1, I would place horizontal limit lines at +1 and +3 to give me my "specification window". If I see data above or below these lines, then I know my unit fails.

A more advanced approach would be to automatically check the worksheet (in a given column) for any data less than 1 or greater than 3 (If 1>data>3, then fail), and then display pass or fail on the chart. I would still need visual representation of limit lines on the graph using this approach.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to accomplish this? Keep in mind that I will need this semi-automated, because I will be bringing in a large amount of data files several different times. If I could do this with the import filter (I have import filters set up), and / or graph templates, that would be best.

Thanks in advance for the help.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
achu6393 Posted - 07/04/2016 : 08:24:32 AM
Hello Easwar,

I am also interested in a similar plot. However, I have masked the data outside my Limits and now I need 2 horizontal lines displaying the Limits including my original plot of data.

That is, a scatter plot of my data, a horizontal line at y = 5 and another at y = 20.

Could this be done in a single layer?

-Akki

such coding! much wow!
easwar Posted - 05/01/2008 : 10:27:17 PM
Hi,

You could do something like below:

1> Make a graph with some typical data, customize as needed and then ad a text label to it. Right click on the text label and select "Programming Control" and in the dialog, give it a specific name such as say PassFail
2> Put some text in the label or leave it empty, does not matter at this point, and save the graph as a template with a specific name such as say MyGraph
3> As you are using import wizard (it seems, as you mentioned filters...) on the very last page of the wizard, check "Advanced Options" after checking "Save Filter" and this will take you to an additional page where you can specify script to run at the end of the import
4> In that script edit box, you could enter some script such as pasted below.

Then you can use the filter and it will automatically graph the data and change the label depending on the data statistics. You can also put vertical.horizontal lines in your graph and save as template and from script you can manipulate the position of those lines plus also control whether to show or hide them etc.

If you need more help perhaps it would be better if you send one of your data files and your filter and what you want to be in the graph, to tech support.

Easwar
OriginLab

// Define limit vars
lmin = 1;
lmax = 3;
// Do stats on desired column
stats col(2);
// Define range of data to be plotted - here i am assuming col 2 versus 1
range rplot = (1,2);
// Open instance of your template and plot data
win -t p mygraph;
plotxy rplot ogl:=1;
// Check limits and set text label string value accordingly
if( (stats.min < lmin) || (stats.max > lmax) )
passfail.text$ = "Failed";
else
passfail.text$="Passed";

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000