The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to adjust the bar width?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hearme Posted - 07/04/2008 : 05:57:08 AM

I encountered a problem about the adjustment of the bar width in the column/bar type drawings.
When I changed the type of x axis to Log 10, the width of the bars was not identical any more. It decreased with increasing x.
I can not find way to set the software in order to get a bar drawing with same width of each bar.
Could you please give me some advice about how to do so?

Many thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpyang Posted - 07/09/2008 : 2:19:09 PM
We will properly support column plot on log scale in the next service release (SR3) which we expect to be end of July.

The tracker about this issue is 11812.

CP
hearme Posted - 07/09/2008 : 2:15:57 PM
Thanks.
The problem for this method is if I want to put several minor ticks between two major ticks, those minor ticks are distributed uniformly. In fact, the gaps between those minor ticks should decrease according the log realtion.
Deanna Posted - 07/07/2008 : 02:23:54 AM
I am sorry to say that there is no easy way to apply identical bar widths when the X axis is set to log 10. However, there is a workaround which you may try. With the data on the left, you can get the bar chart on the right:

Here is how you can do it(suppose the data to plot is in the first two columns of the first sheet of Book1):
1. Make the worksheet that has the data active. Add two more columns to it. (Select Column: Add New Columns from the Origin menu. Then enter the desired number of columns to add.)
2. Highlight the third column. Right-click and select Set Columns Values from the short-cut menu. This opens the Set Values dialog.
3. Enter "log(Col(A))" as the formula and then click OK.
4. Copy data in column B to column D.
5. Highlight the third columns. Right-click and select Set As: X from the short-cut menu. Now the worksheet should look like this:

6. Highlight both column 3 and 4. Select Plot: Columns/Bars: Column. This creates a column chart.
7. Double-click on the graph to open the '''Plot Details''' dialog. Make sure the data plot is selected on the left panel. On the right panel, select the Spacing tab. Then customize the Gap between Bars as you wish (I use 60 in this example). Click OK to apply the modification and close the dialog.
8. In the Command Window (if it is not open yet, select Window: Command Window from the main menu.), type the follow script and press enter:
layer.x.label.formula$="10^x"
9. Double-click on the bottom axis to open the Axis Properties dialog.
10. In this dialog, make the Tick Labels tab active. Select Bottom in the Selection panel on the left. Then select the Set Decimal Places check box. Enter 2 (or other desired number) after this check box. Click OK to close the dialog.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000