The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 User defined functions in Peak Analyzer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dporterfield Posted - 07/05/2008 : 11:25:22 PM
Origin Pro 8 SR2
V8.0891 (B891)

I noticed in using Peak Analyzer the choice of fit functions doesn't
include user defined functions directly.

In the Fitting Functions Oranizer I defined a peak function within the PFW folder. At that point the peak function I defined will show as a choice in Peak Analyzer.

However, when I choose my peak function within the "Fit Control" dialog I notice the parameters don't update to those appropriate
to my peak function.

When I close that dialog and return to "Fit Peaks" dialog box I see an error message "There is no peak information, please run peak finding X-Function before integrating with individual peak, or else integrate on the whole curve?"

Also, on the "Fit Control" dialog it is not clear what the fit function pull down on the bottom left corner does.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
larry_lan Posted - 07/07/2008 : 03:50:27 AM
Hi Donivan:

There is a problem for user-define fitting in SR2, we will fix it ASAP. Anyway, the basic problem for peak function is you should have a parameter for "Peak Center". So in your fitting function, is it the parameter, "Peak", is the peak center? If not, could you please change your function formula to involve a peak center?

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
dporterfield Posted - 07/06/2008 : 10:12:51 PM
Deanna,

I have sent the noted fitting function via the provide on-line form.

I'd note that the file in my fitfunc directory had the file extension as all caps (*.FDF) so the on-line form was refusing its attachment but I was able to change the upload file name extension to the acceptable lower case equivalent (*.fdf).

Thanks for the assistance in the fixing this issue.

Deanna Posted - 07/06/2008 : 9:49:33 PM
Hi Donivan,

There is problem in fitting with user-define functions in Peak Analyzer right now. We are very sorry for the inconvience.

User-define functions created with the Function Organizer need further information (peak infomation) in them so as to be used properly in Peak Analyzer. Please send the function definition file (.fdf file) of your user-define function to us. We can help you to append the peak information to it. Usually, the .fdf file should locate in <user files folder>\fitfunc. Its filename should be FuncitonName.fdf, where FuncitonName is the name of the function you defined in Function Organizer.

Please send us the .fdf file via this web form:
http://www.originlab.com/www/company/qform.aspx?s=1&

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000