The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Ternary Contour Plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gilbertpd6 Posted - 07/22/2008 : 11:07:14 AM
I would like to know if there is any way to create a ternary contour plot. I know how to make a color mapped ternary plot, but I would rather have "isotherms" for my fourth set of data. (My current color mapped plot is below)

I know of one way following example pid579, but the fourth set of data is an output from the three ingredients, and it is quite tedious to find specific values.

Does anyone know how to create a plot like this?

Thank you in advance,

Pete Gilbert
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 09/16/2012 : 4:18:37 PM
Hi Sinja,

To create a ternary symbol plot and set the symbol color to another column, do the following:
-> Select a Z column and first create the ternary plot using the Plot->Specialized->Ternary menu item
-> Then double-click on any symbol in the plot to open Plot Details dialog to the Symbol tab
-> Click on Symbol Color and select Color Mapping, and from the fly-out select the column you desire to use for assigning colormap to the symbols

If you are looking for a ternary contour plot, set up worksheet with four columns designated as XYZZ, select the two Z columns, and use the Plot->Contour->Ternary Contour menu item

Easwar
OriginLab
sinja Posted - 09/16/2012 : 1:04:44 PM
Dear Pete und Easwar OriginLab,

I really would know how you made this color mapped ternary plot. Is there a way to find this out? Do you have an instruction?

Thank you so much in advance.

Sinja
easwar Posted - 07/22/2008 : 3:17:03 PM
Hi Pete,

We do not currently support ternary contour plot, but will consider adding in a future version.

Version 8 supports direct contour plotting of XYZ data with support for user-specified boundary, but that is assuming rectangular coordinate system and not ternary coordinates.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000