The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to reset Origin8 dialogs? (e.g. NLFit dialog)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SMCA Posted - 07/31/2008 : 08:18:30 AM
Somehow OriginPro 8 (SR2) resized the upper panel in the nonlinear fitting dialog all of a sudden. Yesterday it worked fine, now the panel is so small now that it is impossible to enter fit parameters, for instance, simply because I only see half a row of the fit parameters table. Any suggestion how this can be fixed?
This problem already occured once to me, my solution then was to reinstall the whole program. But sure there is another fix - any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SMCA Posted - 08/06/2008 : 09:29:05 AM
Hi Max,
no, I did not change the DPI settings. Also resolution of the monitors was not changed. I do, however, work on a dual monitor system with different resolutions on the two monitors, one with 1024x768 and one with 1280x1024. Typically OriginPro is open on the high resolution window, while I keep helper windows like the NLFit dialog on the low res monitor. It could be that I changed the monitor position in Windows (from left to right) or that I moved the dialog from one monitor to the other before the problem occurred. Hope this helps. I was not able to reproduce the problem by changing the resolution or moving the windows from one monitor to the other, though.
Best,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891
minimax Posted - 08/06/2008 : 09:09:42 AM
Hi Stefan,

During the time you met this problem, did you ever change the DPI setting in your OS?

Max
OriginLab Technical Support
snowli Posted - 08/01/2008 : 2:39:33 PM
Hello,

There is a known issue of when resizing NLFit dialog, the upper panel will shrink.

E.g. with both upper and bottom panels of NLFit showing, drag the right edge of NLFit dialog to resize the width. The upper panel will keep on shrinking.

To reset the upper panel. Click the blue upper arrow button to the right of Cancel button. It will turn off the bottom panel.
Resize NLFit dialog. It will resize the upper panel.
Then click the blue Arrow button next to Cancel button again to turn on the bottom panel.

I will check with our developer to see if this problem can be fixed in coming service release.

Thanks Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
SMCA Posted - 07/31/2008 : 10:32:55 AM
Update:
Since reinstalling Origin did not help this time, I had to dig a bit into the registry. Apparently, there is a key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OriginLab\Origin 8\International\Dialogs\Non-Linear Fitting\BottomPaneHeight which determines the ratio between top and bottom panel in the NLFit dialog. I decreased this value and now things work like they should do.

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000