The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with fitting with user-defined function

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
curvefitting Posted - 08/06/2008 : 07:58:19 AM
Dear all, I have a question about curve-fitting with Origin 8.0

My problem is, that I have a function that depends on two variables and several parameters, so that I have three columns in my worksheet (y, x1 and x2).

As usual, I use the nonlinear curve-fitting tool to user-define the function and the code-builder to check the syntax.

When I open this user-defined function to do the fitting of my dataset in the NLSF-Window, I get the error message "Vector operation dimension check error".
Despite this message I can still fit my data, but the results I get are completely off and the fit is very bad. Still the programs states that the fit converged.

It would be very kind if anybody could tell me what the mentioned error-message means? Maybe this is the key to the very bad fitting results.

Thanks already !
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 08/07/2008 : 10:49:55 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I can't find the problem is, but I think it will be caused by your function.

Would you mind send us the FDF file created by the Fitting Function Organizer dialog and the data you want to fit.

The FDF file can be found according to the File Name(.FDF) item of Fitting Function Organizer dialog.

Thank you!

Shirley Tian

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000