The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with visualization

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tkay84 Posted - 08/08/2008 : 11:04:07 AM
hi!
Something is wrong with my origin!!!
http://www.pictureupload.de/pictures/080808170954_problem.jpg
All the projects i open look like ****!
This problem exists since 2 days.

I have to use origin for my diploma thesis and thats why the problem should be solved as fast as possible! Please help me!

Tobias
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tkay84 Posted - 08/12/2008 : 03:43:46 AM
Hi!
I found out that there is no problem with origin, bencause in powerpoint i have the same problem with the letters!

Thats why the reason is probably an error in my computersystem.

WTF!!!Now Im thinking about formating my notebook-
AAAAAAAAh!!!!!!!!
snowli Posted - 08/08/2008 : 3:22:49 PM
Hi Tobias,

Could you save it as an opj file and send it to us? I will help us debug it.

Also, on the problematic graph window, could you right click the window title and choose Save Template as. Could you check what template(otp) is used? Have you customized the template? Could you send the customized template file (otp to me as well)? Since you said when open a new graph it happens too, i guess you are using the default template. But just in case.

You can send files to snow@originlab.com.

Thanks, Snow Li
tkay84 Posted - 08/08/2008 : 2:37:00 PM
If I start a new project- the problems are still there.
So i think there is a problem in the configuration or something like this.

I will install origin tomorow on an other machine- perhaps it runs better then. I will give an answer tomorrow!

easwar Posted - 08/08/2008 : 2:24:58 PM
Hi Tobias,

First of all, there is no such thing as standard setting for a graph. Each graph is based on a template. Origin ships a set of templates which are used for all the graph types we support. User can change them, create their own etc.

On top of the template, one can also apply a theme, which is just a collection of graph settings, that over ride/change the template settings any time one applies a theme to a graph.

The 'Color Publication' theme is one of the themes we ship, which is the one that is applied by default to a graph when it is created from a template. To turn off this theme, and thus not have any theme apply to your graph, you can open Theme Organizer, then right click on this bolded line, and select Clear System Theme from the context menu. Then furture graphs will not get this themes applied to them. The System theme, if any present, is shown in the bottom right of the status bar.

Looks like this is probably not your problem, as this 'Color publication' system theme does not have any text related properties.

Does the graph you are having problem with, look bad on any machine, or only on one particular machine?

And what about a new graph you create on your machine? Is the text bad on new graph?

Easwar
OriginLab
tkay84 Posted - 08/08/2008 : 1:51:55 PM
Hi thanks to SMCA and Snowly for the fast answers!

1. How can i change the system theme to "standard origin theme" I tried the theme organizer as snowli said, and i found out that my current theme is: color publication- But found no button to "reset" it on the standard setting.

2. yes the distance between the letters are changed- The problem can not be fixed by formating the text. The Font i allways used is: "Default Arial"
In Addition to the letters some point are much bigger and everything looks ugly-
It seems to get a little better if i change the view mode to "window mode"- but i know that in previous times i used "Page view".

I think that origin thinks that the grey background is a part of the whole graph!

3. I did not change the printer settings

hope u did understand what i want to say, because my english is not the best.
thx
snowli Posted - 08/08/2008 : 12:57:27 PM
Hi Tobias,

Do you mean the text in your graph are too wide and goes outside the gray area?

1. If you mean the text problems in the Graph, could you select the problematic text and check what font shows on Format toolbar.

2. As Stefan said, could you choose Tools: Theme Organizer. On Graph tab,check what is your system theme used when creating this graph? Have you checked the graph theme or applied some theme these 2 days?

3. Did you change printer or printer drive recently? If so, could you let us know what is the printer drive?

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
SMCA Posted - 08/08/2008 : 12:41:56 PM
Hi Tobias,
could it be that you use themes for the formatting of your graphs? I once had a similar (though not so drastic) issue, which only occured on graphs that I had formatted with a specific custom theme. When I just used e.g. the standard origin theme, all was fine as expected. I solved the problem by opening a new graph window without any customised theme (possibly you have to set the standard origin theme as system theme again if you changed that setting), then applied my formatting, saved the format as a theme and applied that new theme to my graphs. I did not find out why, but somehow the themes seem to get corrupted from time to time.
Hope this helps -
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891
tkay84 Posted - 08/08/2008 : 11:12:50 AM
**** means shiddd!

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000