The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Directory for templates

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matt Posted - 08/14/2008 : 7:33:10 PM
I am using Origin 7.5pro.

When I select a column of data in a worksheet and right click on it, and select, say, scatter graph--it selects the scatter graph from the Origin directory, not my templates directory.

How can I change that? I'd like to have it go to, say, c:/matt/templates rather than c:\program files\originpro...

How can I make that happen?

Thanks,

Matt
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Matt Posted - 09/02/2008 : 3:19:52 PM
Thanks a lot all--I finally got it figured out.

I got used to old versions of Origin, and whenever I switch computers I have to relearn how to get Origin to do things I set up once and forget.
easwar Posted - 08/17/2008 : 09:27:07 AM
quote:

When I select a column of data in a worksheet and right click on it, and select, say, scatter graph--it selects the scatter graph from the Origin directory, not my templates directory.

How can I change that? I'd like to have it go to, say, c:/matt/templates rather than c:\program files\originpro...

Hi Matt,

When you invoke scatter plot either from main plot menu or right click on column and context menu, Origin looks for the template scatter.otp. If you have modified the system scatter.otp template and saved a version of it, with same name, in your User Files Folder (UFF), then Origin will use that. If no template by that name found in UFF, Origin will use the one that is installed in the system folder.

Is your UFF pointing to c:/matt? Do you have a scatter.otp in this main directory? Note that the template needs to be in the root UFF directory and not in a subfolder named templates, for Origin to "see it".

Easwar
OriginLab
Deanna Posted - 08/15/2008 : 01:39:25 AM
Hi Matt,

Sorry, I don't quite understand the following:
quote:

When worksheet column is selected, any short-cut menu (opened by right-clicking) should not be able to select a graph. Would you please explain your operation in details?

Do you mean you want to create graphs with your own templates? If so, you can consider adding your template to Origin with the Template Library tool, and then use this tool to create plots. Also, you can open your template and then add data to it with the Plot Setup dialog.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000