The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Draw Data

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
OndrejMM Posted - 08/18/2008 : 02:18:27 AM
this might be a stupid question but it drives me crazy,... so how can I control the symbol size when I'm using "Draw Data" function from the toolbar???

in one OPJ project file it draws "green squares size 3" and in another it draws "black squares size 9" ??? I don't see any difference between the files,...

thank you in advance
Ondrej

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OndrejMM Posted - 08/20/2008 : 04:07:27 AM
thanks a lot,... this is excatly what I need,...
cheers
Ondrej
cpyang Posted - 08/19/2008 : 8:58:02 PM
I don't see a quick solution to this as the draw tool is based on some labTalk script.

But you can use the following script to start the draw tool instead of clicking the tool itself

dotool 5;queue {set %B -z 2};

Basically, in the script that drives this tool, %B is the name of the dataset being drawn.

CP
OndrejMM Posted - 08/18/2008 : 5:11:35 PM
Hi Deanna,

I don't use different templates for different OPJ project, so it cannot be due to this reason,...

Yep, I know that I can format the draw data afterwards, but my problem is that when I start to draw data and it draws big points "9" it becomes so messy that I cannon't see where I want to add the next point,...

I've tried to make new template with the hope that Origin will use this as a default for the symbol size but it does not,...

can I somehow set up default symbol size, shape? or if I start to draw points can I draw the one point then format the size and then continue with the same set of drawing points? or some other cheating method?

cheers
Ondrej

Deanna Posted - 08/18/2008 : 05:49:09 AM
Hi Ondrej,

This could be caused by using different templates. Is this also the case for you?

However, you can always format the drawn data points after you have finished using the tool.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000