The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 cannot add additional curves to existing graph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
croland Posted - 09/04/2008 : 09:02:58 AM
I have a very simple project with a graph containing three data sets. Using Plot Setup, I can only add one more (from data in the same work sheet). Attempts to add more than one data set to the graph result in the first data set being added additional times! It is very strange.

I opened the same project in Origin 7.5 and everything worked fine.

Additional bug - after adding one data set to the graph, when I close Origin, it does not ask if I want to save the file. It just closes without saving.

I'm using version 8.0932
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 09/07/2008 : 9:29:38 PM
Hi,

Does this happen with a specific OPJ? Does it happen if you start with a new OPJ? If specific to a particular OPJ, can you send us the OPJ? You can e-mail it to tech support.

Thanks,

Easwar
OriginLab
croland Posted - 09/05/2008 : 11:47:54 AM
I'm doing this using "Plot Setup". No, the problem is not that I'm replacing existing plots with new ones - the problem is that the existing plot gets repeated each time I add a new plot! This strange error only happens with Origin 8, not 7.5.
easwar Posted - 09/04/2008 : 11:45:35 AM
Hi,

How are you bringing up the Plot Setup dialog? Is the new data to be added preselected in the worksheet or nothing is selected? In SR3, one issue is that when the dialog comes up when invoking add plot, the lowest panel has the 1st data plot selected instead of the layer selected. This then causes the button in middle panel to be Replace rather than Add. So you need to manually change the lower panel selection to Layer and the button then becomes Add. When I do this, I can add more than one dataset. Can you check if this is the problem?

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000