The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3-D diagram

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hunle20nian Posted - 09/29/2008 : 11:29:37 AM
Hello everybody. I am a new learner of Origin, and I met some problems.

I want to draw a triangle to present the composition of a 3-element alloy system. Each line of the triangle corresponds to the percentage of each element. So if I know that in my alloy there is 30% A, 30% B, then I know there should be 1-30%-30%=40% C. Then I can put 30%, 30%,40% in x, y, z column and click the "ternary" button at the bottom of the tool bar. To do this, I have to add a new column and set it as Z column(I guess)in the very beginning, but actually it's a 2-D diagram, Z is related to X and Y.

Now I want to add a "real" Z axis to this 2-D triangle to make it a 3-D diagram. And I want to make the "real" Z value be presented in a column shape. Is it possible? Thank you very much!!!!

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
benj nl Posted - 08/30/2012 : 03:55:50 AM
Thank you for your help
Hideo Fujii Posted - 08/29/2012 : 12:24:20 PM
Hi,

Origin currently doesn't have such graph type, but as an alternative, you can merge a
ternary plot (just a frame is fine) and a vector plot. See the screenshot below.

Here, the ternary coordinates (A(X) B(Y) C(Z)) are already normalized.
You can pay attention the values of columns E-H which have formulae to obtain the vector coordinates in Cartesian XY.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
benj nl Posted - 08/28/2012 : 05:00:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by greg

We currently do not support adding another dimension to Ternary plots. This is already on our list of things to consider for a future version.

Hello,

I would like to design something similar (a ternary diagram with a vertical time axis). Is Origin upgraded in order to do so ?

Thank you ;)
hunle20nian Posted - 09/29/2008 : 3:16:09 PM
Thank you.
greg Posted - 09/29/2008 : 12:35:58 PM
We currently do not support adding another dimension to Ternary plots. This is already on our list of things to consider for a future version.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000