The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Worksheet filename

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rajeshdorai Posted - 02/02/2009 : 4:09:08 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5SR1; v.7.5776 (B776)
Operating System: Windows XP; 64-bit

Greetings!

I imported a .csv file into Origin. It is named 5m250.csv. The import was ok. I saw a worksheet created as '5M250'. When I tried to rename the worksheet as "Pres5mTorrPower250", the filename gets truncated to "Pres5mT". Does the name of a worksheet have to be 7 characters or less in Origin? I tried to search for worksheet naming rules in Origin Help but was not successful.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rajeshdorai Posted - 02/03/2009 : 09:41:11 AM
Thank you, Deanna.

That helps!

Regards,
- Rajesh
Deanna Posted - 02/03/2009 : 01:08:07 AM
In the Origin Reference for Origin 7.5, you can find the Rules for assigning worksheet names and labels in
Origin Basics > The Origin Workspace > Origin Windows > Renaming a Window

Worksheet names cannot exceed 13 characters. In addition, any dataset in the worksheet cannot have a name that contains more than 21 characters. Dataset names are constructed as "WorksheetName_ColumnName". There should be a column with a long name in your worksheet.

Please consider using labels to annotate your worksheets and columns. Labels are not limited in length.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000