The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Usability of Origin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
iMike Posted - 02/18/2009 : 06:21:34 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8 SR3
Operating System: WinXP

I work with Microcal Origing since it had version 3.0. Last time I used to work with Origin version 6. Today in the new lab version 8 is available.
Unfortunately, I see that together with lots new features comparing v6, v8 lost usability! It is not convenient too obtain the result, to draw graphs and so on.
Many tools, complicated structure of the folders, workbooks, sheets in the book, 2 names for everithing and so on.
In the sheet, after you press Ctrl-S to save, you have to do something to return focus to the active sheet to continue adding data.

I think it's better to test the software by the ppl, who use it thoroughly to analy and plot data, than add tons of new features.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 02/19/2009 : 9:03:10 PM
Hi iMike,

Thank you for your report and suggestion, we had submitted a tracker about the Ctrl-S hotkey to our R&D and the tracker ID is 13146. I think this problem will be fixed in our upcoming version: SR5. Please update your Origin to SR4 currently.

For other issues mentioned in your post, I will send you an E-mail to discuss more details.

Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000