The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Overwrite new books/sheets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
esatpehlivan Posted - 03/06/2009 : 09:23:09 AM
Origin v8.0951
Operating System: XP

Hello,

I have a question about automation of drawing graph.

When I do an experiment, I draw some graphs using obtained data. When I do another experiment, I draw exactly the same type of graphs using the new data. Instead of setting up the plots (axis name, scale, colors, explanations etc.) every time, I do something different. I make a copy of Origin file, then rename it as required, then delete the workbook (when I delete workbook, the graphs show nothing but scales, axis names etc. remain), create a new workbook, import my new data to this workbook, and use "Plot Setup" for associating links between graphs and data. I do not want to do this every time. What I want to do is, simply, change/overwrite the workbook. Copying new data and pasting it on old data in renamed file is a solution too, but my workbook includes more than 20 sheets, doing Copy-Paste 20 times takes more time than what I mentioned above.

Is there an easy way to overwrite the data in the workbook to update the graphs with the new data?

There is "1st File Import Mode" in the "Import & Export" session. The options are "Start New Books" and "Start New Sheets". What I need is something like "Overwrite New Books/Sheets" option (I always have the same number of columns and the same column names).

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
esatpehlivan Posted - 03/11/2009 : 10:49:04 AM
Yes, I import data from Excel files.
Deanna Posted - 03/09/2009 : 10:18:46 PM
Are you importing data from Excel files? For ASCII import, Origin offers the option to overwrite the existing data.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000