The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Determining the theme applied to a graph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
toonbon Posted - 03/21/2009 : 7:36:48 PM
Origin Ver. 8 and Service Release: 4
Operating System: XP

Is there a way to tell from a graph what theme has been applied to it? I would expect something like right-click > properties, but that doesn't do it.

Thanks.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 03/26/2009 : 10:58:37 AM
Hi,

If you manually apply a theme to a graph, we support multiple levels of undo so you can undo the theme application. But we do not show anywhere what was the last theme that was applied. The theme just changes (some, or many) properties of the graph and undo can roll back those changes.

Regarding themes and templates, I would suggest the following:
If you have a need to repeatedly make graphs of a certain kind, it may be better to create and re-use a template (and then turn off system theme, or use the page.cntrl property Laurie mentioned to block the system theme from messing up your template settings. In SR5 we will provide GUI way to save a template and not have system theme apply on it when creating a new graph with the template)

And maybe use themes to change some specific properties of a graph quickly, such as say changing all ticks in to ticks out, or changing all fonts to Times New Roman, or turning a color graph to black and white, etc.

Easwar
OriginLab

toonbon Posted - 03/25/2009 : 10:35:48 PM
Yes, but what if I have ten themes, in addition to a system theme, and I want to know which one I applied to a certain graph?
Laurie Posted - 03/24/2009 : 10:11:09 AM
The system theme in use can be seen in the status bar. You can also select Tools:Theme Organizer. On the Graph tab, the Name in bold text is the system theme. You can right-click on it and "Clear System Theme".

The theme automatically gets applied to any graph created. You can not undo this, but you can save your graph template such that a system theme will not be applied to it. You are then guaranteed of the settings in your template. To do this, open the Command Window and issue the following command:

PAGE.CNTRL=16;

Re-save the graph template. This ensures that custom template settings will not be changed by an active System Theme.

OriginLab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000