The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Error in pasting long text to Origin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
emk Posted - 03/27/2009 : 07:04:09 AM
Say you have data in Excel in three columns, x, y, and a comment. You select a region and paste it to Origin. This normally works OK, but:
If one ore more comment cells contain a very long sting (length say 300 characters (the limit may well be 255)), when the region pasted to Origin the end of the string overflows to the next x cell down messing up the worksheet structure.

We ran into this problem when we had xy data points with long comments identifying each data point, which we wanted to see in Origin as well. Text strings too long should of course be truncated if needed, not overflowing to adjacent cells
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 03/27/2009 : 4:42:53 PM
Hello,

Presume you are using 8SR4 or earlier SR, and yes that does have this problem.

We have improved pasting from Excel to Origin in the upcoming free SR5 release. The SR5 release should be available in a few weeks.
In SR5 the text will be truncated to 255 characters and will not spill into the next row.

Thanks for reporting.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000