The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 copying graphs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
toonbon Posted - 03/29/2009 : 3:40:36 PM
Origin Ver. 8 Operating System: XP

There doesn't seem to be a way to copy a graph. I have a graph, for example, that I've gone to the trouble to set up with a double-Y axis and I'd like now to look at it with various X scales, adding comments and notations to each magnification. It seems that there should be a way to copy the original graph, say "graph 1" to "graph 1 scale 1," set the scale that I want for that view and add my comments. Then I should be able to go back to graph 1, copy it to "graph scale 2, " set the scale there to what I want and add my comments particular to that view. Then I could go back to "graph scale 1" and still have that view with all its data and comments and perhaps edit it more, saving it again in "graph scale 1."

It seems that Origin only lets you copy graphs to templates or themes, which doesn't save the data.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 03/30/2009 : 09:31:37 AM
Hi,

To copy a layer, you can hold the ctrl key and click inside the layer (holding down ctrl helps so that some other object does not get selected). Then you can right click and select copy, or just do ctrl-c and ctrl-v to paste. You can then use Layer Management tool (menu: Graph->Layer Management...) to arrange/resize the layers etc.

Easwar
OriginLab
toonbon Posted - 03/29/2009 : 5:28:52 PM
I see that right-clicking the Title Bar lets me make a copy of the entire graph, but how do I just make a copy of one layer, as you suggest?
toonbon Posted - 03/29/2009 : 4:18:49 PM
Thanks.
easwar Posted - 03/29/2009 : 3:49:19 PM
Hi,

You can right click on the title bar of the graph window and select Duplicate to make a copy of the existing graph/view and then change as desired in the copy?

You can also copy a layer and paste that into another graph, or to the existing graph itself as a new layer, and then rerrange/resize layers, if you want to show multiple views as multiple layers.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000