The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Compare two regression lines

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SungwooBae Posted - 04/02/2009 : 4:45:56 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Win XP pro

Hi
I want to know how to compare two regression lines. For examples,
if I have two different linear curves or non-linear cuvres having different sloles, How can i compare two regression line are different statistically.
Second question is what is the differences between compareing two regression lines and comparing two datasets, which is provided in the OriginPro.

Thanks,
Sungwoo
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Echo_Chu Posted - 04/03/2009 : 03:37:00 AM
You have two different regression lines, that means you have fit source data with different model?

If so, you can use Compare Model tool, which Greg inidicated above.

1. Fit the data with different model first, You have two report sheet.
2. Select Analysis:Fitting:Compare Models

You can refer to this page on detail steps to Compare Model tool.

But if you have different source data, want to know whether two datasets are significantly different from each other for the same fitting model. You should use Compare Dataset tool,

1. Fit the datasets with first, You have two report sheet.
2. Select Analysis:Fitting:Compare Dataset

You can refer to this page on detail steps to Compare Dataset tool.

However, if you have different source data and want to know whether the slope estimation is different between datasets. Sorry that Origin did not support it yet
SungwooBae Posted - 04/02/2009 : 5:30:50 PM
Thank you for your quick response.
Actually, My question was how two regression lines were statistically different.
making it more clear, If I have two different regression curves from the corresponding group, how can i test two regression lines or curves are statitically different?
In general, we can use dummy variables to compare two regression lines using following equation Y= (ет0+ет1)+(ет1+ет2)x.
Is there any kind of statistical test from OriginPro.

Thanks,
Sungwoo
greg Posted - 04/02/2009 : 5:03:40 PM
Origin 8 Pro offers both Compare Datasets and Compare Models under the Analysis : Fitting menu.

Compare Datasets is used when you have two different datasets that have been fit with the same function.

Compare Models is used when you have one dataset that has been fit with two different functions.

The Report Tree Browser dialog that opens when you click the Browse buttons next to Fit Result1 and Fit Result2 automatically restrict your selection to those results that meet the above criteria.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000