The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin/OriginPro 8 SR5 Patch is Now Available

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Barb Tobias Posted - 04/22/2009 : 3:24:28 PM

Hello to all:

The Origin/OriginPro 8 Service Release 5 (SR5) patch is now available. This patch can only be applied to Origin/OriginPro 8 SR4 (8.0951). After patching, your SR5 build is 8.0987.

The SR5 patch is available by running Origin/OriginPro SR4 and selecting Help:Check for Updates. It is also available for download from the Support area of the OriginLab website.

The top 10 reasons to apply the SR5 patch are listed here: http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&lm=340

The full Release Notes are here: http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/wiki/index.php?title=Release_Notes

Barb
OriginLab
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mking98 Posted - 05/14/2009 : 10:03:06 AM

We have contacted your Network Software Manager with a request to replace the license file on the Server. It seems that they have not done so yet. After they replace the license file using the Servers MAC Address the colored tick lables and 'demo' watermark problem should be solved.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Melanie King
Technical Support Engineer
OriginLab Corporation
phics Posted - 05/14/2009 : 07:21:49 AM
Dear,

I have same problem with wswfp's.

x-axis labels become red letters and I could see "demo" sign when I pasted the graph on MS Powerpoint. (sometimes it's OK, but sometimes not)

I understood that I must modify my license file from domain name to MAC address.
I changed but I still have same problem.

Must a manager who treats license server do something?
Then, please let me know.
tobi79 Posted - 05/13/2009 : 12:15:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Thanks for reporting this. This has been trackered in #13597 Crash when change data range in plotted data during Fitting in GOrigin. Our developer will try to fix it for next service release.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.

How can i go back to SR4, because i got used to this feature?
snowli Posted - 05/13/2009 : 11:52:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by tobi79

Since I installed the SR5, I have some crashes using the Non-Linear-Curve-Fit tool together with the "Select Range From Graph".
I can reproduce the crash by doing the following:

1. "activate a Graph"
2. Start the Non-Linear-Fit tool
3. Choose a Function. I did not try every function, but the problem is there with every function i tried.
4. activate the "Select Range From Graph" in Data Selection Menu
5. Click in the Graph
6a. Do fitting till Fit is converged and click Ok
6b. Click Fit

After step 6 Origin crashes with out any Message and saving. If I do not do step 4 and 5 everything is ok. It also works if I only skip Step 5.
I am using the german Version on an Win XP machine.

Hope you understand my description and can help with this.

Thanks for reporting this. This has been trackered in #13597 Crash when change data range in plotted data during Fitting in GOrigin. Our developer will try to fix it for next service release.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
tobi79 Posted - 05/13/2009 : 07:07:37 AM
Since I installed the SR5, I have some crashes using the Non-Linear-Curve-Fit tool together with the "Select Range From Graph".
I can reproduce the crash by doing the following:

1. "activate a Graph"
2. Start the Non-Linear-Fit tool
3. Choose a Function. I did not try every function, but the problem is there with every function i tried.
4. activate the "Select Range From Graph" in Data Selection Menu
5. Click in the Graph
6a. Do fitting till Fit is converged and click Ok
6b. Click Fit

After step 6 Origin crashes with out any Message and saving. If I do not do step 4 and 5 everything is ok. It also works if I only skip Step 5.
I am using the german Version on an Win XP machine.

Hope you understand my description and can help with this.
mking98 Posted - 05/05/2009 : 4:03:02 PM

I have contacted your Network Software Manager regarding this issue. Once the license file is replaced with a new one using the 12 character MAC Address instead of the Solaris 'host id' the issue will be resolved.

I apologize for the inconvenience of this matter.

Melanie King
Technical Support Engineer
OriginLab Corporation
wswfp Posted - 05/05/2009 : 11:17:03 AM
Bad news. The problem still stands on its original position.
We have updated the licence, but nothing changed...
wswfp Posted - 05/04/2009 : 04:22:26 AM
OK. Thank you for the reply.
cpyang Posted - 04/30/2009 : 12:21:06 PM
We have added protection in SR5 against cracked version of Origin and if there is something wrong with the license, then unfortunately you would see those symptons.

So looked like you have found a critical bug with your license environment. We have now verified that on Solaris based license server(FlexLM) if the HostID is not 12 characters, then it would happen. Until we fix this, we can provide your company with a new license file based on your Solaris server's 12 character MAC address to resolve this issue.

Sorry about the trouble and time lost on this.

CP

wswfp Posted - 04/30/2009 : 05:25:53 AM
another problem is: when I try to copy page from origin8, and paste the copied page to WORD, then the picture alwas has watermark of "demo". This is also crazy! It seems the SR5 causes a lot of problems.
wswfp Posted - 04/30/2009 : 05:13:52 AM
After I installed SR5, the tick lables of X axis in every pictures changes to red automatically, and I can not use any other colour! This is really crazy! How can I solve this problem?
cpyang Posted - 04/23/2009 : 09:57:18 AM
We cannot reproduce this problem, maybe you have to do a Repair install on SR4, then patch.

CP
rlewis Posted - 04/22/2009 : 9:18:56 PM
I tried to install the SR4 to SR5 patch but it wont install until I've removed the developer's Kit. Unfortunately,it appears that the Pagckage Manager does not detect presence of the Developer Kit so I cant Uninstall it. Therefore, I am stuck ...

Suggestions are Welcolm ...

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000