The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Contour plots and contour lines

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MatthieuB Posted - 05/06/2009 : 1:27:58 PM
Hello,

I have plotted a colorfill plot to represent a phase diagram. I then showed the contour line when the level is equal to 0 to represent my phase boundary. I was wondering if there was a way to export a contour line into a worksheet because I would like to fit it with a function.

Help would be greatly appreciated,
Matt
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
minimax Posted - 05/18/2009 : 2:21:17 PM
Hi,

We will try to make up with a faster mthod to access it in the next version, probably 8.1.

Max
OriginLab Technical Support
MatthieuB Posted - 05/18/2009 : 12:37:38 PM
Thank you very much greatly appreciated. Excellent explanation and neat trick.

Matt
larry_lan Posted - 05/10/2009 : 10:13:32 PM
Hi Matt:

Supposed you already have the XYZ worksheet data:

Then bring up the Extract Worksheet Data dialog, follow these steps:

If no data was extracted, may be you need to widen the condition like "C > -0.1 AND C < 0.1".

Hope this helps.
Larry
MatthieuB Posted - 05/08/2009 : 2:30:13 PM
Thank you Larry,

I have done what you said but now I am having difficulties with the "extract worksheet data" function. I may be putting in my conditions wrong or perhaps am using it incorrectly because when I do my test select if true either all the cells are selected or none are. It also seems that origin help does not provide much help with this issue. Could you perhaps help me out with this?

Thank you so much,
Matt
larry_lan Posted - 05/07/2009 : 10:22:35 AM
Hi Matt:

I think there are no such interface for users to get the contour lines directly (or maybe I dont know). But u can do this workaround:

First of all, I suppose your original data is in XYZ form. To plot a counter graph, u need to convert XYZ data into matrix, right? (P.S, if you plot countour from XYZ directly, please do XYZ gridding to get the matrix).

Basically, when converting the XYZ into matrix, u need to export more columns and rows, say a 100 x 100, or a 1000 x 1000 matrix. Actually, when Origin plot the countour lines, it runs some interpolation algorithms in back to evaluate the data points on the lines. By exporting a large matrix, u can get more data points which close to the contour level you want -- 0.

Al ha, now u need to convert this matrix back into XYZ column, using "Matrix --> Convert to Worksheet". And then open "Worksheet --> Extract Worksheet Data", extract data that "-0.01 < Z < 0.01". That's the data u want.

Larry

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000