The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to plot 3D wireface

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
apple18880 Posted - 06/22/2009 : 12:31:44 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 8 SR0
Operating System: Windows Vista

Dear all,
I have 10 X-Y data (X-axis is for wavelength, Y-axis is for intensity) were measured at different degrees.
I would like to plot 3D wireface (similar figure below): X-axis is degrees, y-axis is wavelength, and z-axis is intensity.
Thanks for your help!
Linh

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
apple18880 Posted - 06/25/2009 : 07:33:15 AM
Hi Deanna,
Thank you very much!
Linh
Deanna Posted - 06/24/2009 : 9:46:26 PM
The problem is with the matrix conversion. The X and Y values should be set as the Xs and Ys of the matrix instead of putting inside the matrix.

I used some data similar to yours. The direct conversion can be set up as follows:

When you have the converted matrix, please select View: Show XY from the main menu. Then you will see the Xs and Ys of the matrix.

Finally, you can plot from this matrix.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
apple18880 Posted - 06/24/2009 : 12:01:09 PM
Hi Deanna,
Thanks for your suggestion. I try to plot 3D wire surface, but I have problem in the scale of X and Y axis.
First I have worksheet X-axis (1st column) is Wavelength, Y-axis (other column) is intensity measured at different degrees:

and I plot the 2D picture:

I used Direct Conversation converter to matrix:

X data values in the 1st column, Y data values in the 1st row (different degrees) and Z values in columns 2 to N and rows 2 to M (intensity).

and plot the picture:

The form of pictures in 2D and 3D is similar, but the scale of X and Y axis is not the same.
The value of X-axis in 2D is 550 to 950, but in 3D is 2-10.
The value of Y-axis in 2D is 0 to 40, but in 3D is 2-10.
I try to modify and not success.
Thank for your help,
Linh

Deanna Posted - 06/23/2009 : 05:57:28 AM
Hi,

3D wireframe surfaces plots are created from matrix. You mentioned that you have XYZ data. I assume that your data is in a worksheet. If this is true, you will have to convert your worksheet data to a matrix before plotting. To perform the conversion, you may use Direct Conversion or XYZ Gridding . For more information, please read the following chapter in our online help:

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/origin.htm#matrix_conversion_and_gridding/matrix_conversion_and_gridding.htm

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000