The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 problem with vertical translate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sbea78 Posted - 07/06/2009 : 06:13:36 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release: Originpro8 SR0
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi,
I often found a problem using the vertical translate command, in fact the curve, previously set as active, eventually doesn't move.
I've already encountered this problem with previous Origin versions.
What can I do?
Thank you
Beatrice
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sbea78 Posted - 07/14/2009 : 06:39:23 AM
Thanks Deanna,
I know the lock icon you are talking about, it's the same appearing after a curve smoothing.
In this case however I duplicated the graph only for not to rewrite the axis titles, but inserting new datasets.
I work with IR spectra and I use the translate command very often with row, unelaborated data, and often the command doesn't work. Maybe there is something more than I can check, beside the recalculation mode?
Beatrice
Deanna Posted - 07/13/2009 : 9:43:09 PM
Hi,

Duplicating a graph is actually plotting again from the same datasets. The Recalculation Mode is associated with the dataset. Thus, if the curve has a recalculate mode that is not "None", you still cannot translate it. In addition, renaming the duplicated graph will not affect the Recalculate mode.

There should be a lock icon near the top left corner of your graph. Click on it. You will see a menu. Then please select Recalculate Mode: None to disable recalculation. The curve will be translatable with this recalculate mode.

If you are intersted in reading more about Recalculate, please follow this link: http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/common_analysis_features/recalculating_analysis_results.htm

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
sbea78 Posted - 07/10/2009 : 10:49:12 AM
I've got it.
I was trying shifting a curve in a graph that was originated by duplicating an existing graph and not by creation of a new one. It was enough tho change the name of the graph from "copy of graph X" to "graph Y" to make the curve shiftable.
Ciao
sbea78 Posted - 07/10/2009 : 06:32:38 AM
Thanks,
I will try.

cpyang Posted - 07/07/2009 : 9:13:31 PM
quote:

Locked data cannot be translated.

You are trying to translate a curve that is the result of an analysis, you need to find the lock icon near the top left corner and click on it to open a menu and you should be able to set Recalculate to None. If Recalculate is set to None, then you can modify it.

amorri45 Posted - 07/06/2009 : 4:15:15 PM
I too am having trouble with the vertical translate. I receive:

Origin C report Critical error

Locked data cannot be translated.

How do i unlock it?

Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.
-Arnold Schwarzenegger

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000