The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Plot 3D surface and point together

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
circumvent Posted - 07/27/2009 : 7:46:41 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:8 SR3

Hi,

I can plot 3D scattering data, or plot 3D surface (a function z=f(x,y)). However they do not go together. Can anyone tell me how to plot them together?

Basically, I need to plot a 3D surface through a function z=f(x,y)based on some theory, and I want to put my experimental data in and show that they are very close to the surface.

Thanks,

Jinbo
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
larry_lan Posted - 07/27/2009 : 10:16:40 PM
Also, we have a tutorial here shows you how to combine the 3D scatter and 3D wire frame together.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
cpyang Posted - 07/27/2009 : 9:48:31 PM
You can plot the matrix generated from z=f(x,y) into a surface plot first and then select your XYZ data from your worksheet and drag and drop that into the surface plot.

If you want to see the surface and the XYZ scatter together, you might want to plot the surface as wireframe and then turn on second color (Duel Color Grid) to user like 4 (number of lines). This way the major grid and the minor grid can have different colors and will create a somewhat see through surface to see which XYZ scatter point is above the surface and which is below.

CP

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000