The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Automated Curve Fitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jd0331 Posted - 08/03/2009 : 3:22:01 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 7.5 SR0
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi, I have over 50 sets of data and would like to perform the curve fitting for each set.
When I performed the fitting, I usually iterated it about 80 times by clicking 100 Iter. button again and again to mimimize the Chi^2 and maximize the R^2.

However, the problem is that I now have too many data sets to do it.
It takes so long time that I cannot do anything while I was fitting and analyzing them.
Additionally, it takes pretty long time to fit a single set as it contains a lot of data columns.

Is there a function that allows us to perform curve fitting automatically after inserting many sets of data?
Can I get the each fitting result after running the function?
If so, could you let me know how to do it please?
As I want the high-quality fitting results, I would like to make it iterate more than 100 times to minimize chi^2 and maximize R^2, and get each result of data sets after finishing the fitting.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sophy Posted - 08/04/2009 : 06:17:51 AM
Hi, In Origin8 SR2, we provide a new set of X-Functions to control the NLFit engine, please have a look at the following link:

http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/wiki/index.php?title=LabTalk:Curve_Fitting#Fit_Multiple_Columns_in_a_Worksheet

BTW, I tried this set of X-Functions to fit 1000 datasets of 50 points, it cost me about 380 seconds, that is much slower than when use NLFitSession in OC code, so it is strongly recommended that customers use the OC solution with NLFitSession.
cpyang Posted - 08/03/2009 : 7:11:05 PM
I think for what you need to do, you need to use Origin 8.

See this example

http://ocwiki.originlab.com/index.php?title=OriginC:Fit_Multiple_XY_Data_in_a_loop

I tried with the sample Gaussian.dat with has only 50 points and I duplicated it into 1000 columns and the code fit all 1000 columns in less then 30 sec.

If you want to see LabTalk only solution, we can make similar example as well.

CP

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000