The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Peak Analyzer functionality

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gatordan82 Posted - 08/11/2009 : 3:25:12 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release: OriginPro 8 SR4
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

I have a question about using the peak analyzer. I'm trying to fit multiple peaks. It seems that a lot of the functionality in the regular non-linear curve fit is missing.

Specifically... I have data over a large domain of x-values. I would only like to fit a set of peaks over a smaller domain. Is there any way to select which values of x to constrain the fit to (not column numbers, but specific x values)? Also, is there a way to increase the number of x points that are being fitted (greater than the default 100, say 500 or so)?

Say if I'm doing 4 peaks, is there a way to extract all the parameters for 4 Lorentzian peaks (Area, width, and center pos.)?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 08/11/2009 : 5:43:10 PM
Hi,

Yes, selecting x range based on x values is not currently supported, so one way to do this is to graph your data, then use the Data Selector button in the Tools toolbar to make the pre-selection on the graph and then bring up Peak Analyzer. Then only the (first) selected range in the graph is analyzed.

As for number of points in fit curve, the control for that is under Result: Configure Graph: Fitted Curves Plot. There are some auto numbers there that you can change.

As for getting the desired parameters for each peak, that can be set under the Result: Configure Report: Peak Properties branch. After the dialog closes, an output sheet with columns with the chosen peak properties will be created, with rows corresponding to each peak.

Both branches mentioned above are in the final Fit Peaks page.

Also, SR6 is out and there have been some improvements, so you may want to patch to SR6 as currently you have SR4.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000