The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Y offset stack curve fitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
manasgartia Posted - 04/27/2010 : 8:19:07 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro V8.0988
Operating System:Window Vista SP-1

Hi,
I can make multiple scatter plot in one single layer with Y-offset. But the problem is I can not control the offset vale for multiple datasets (for 2 data set, it's can be controlled).

So how to control the offset amount. Also now if I want to fit curve for each data set, it's not taking in to account the offset values. So all curve fitting are done for original data set, Not the offset one.

Thanks

Manas

mrgartia
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
manasgartia Posted - 04/28/2010 : 4:32:53 PM
Hi Sam,
Thanks a lot. Now it's working as you suggested.

Manas

mrgartia
Sam Fang Posted - 04/28/2010 : 04:25:07 AM
You can do as follows.
1. First you can change the Plot Type from Scatter to Line in Plot Details dialog.
2. In Plot Details dialog, select each data plot, you can set Offset value for each data set in Offset tab on the right pane.
3. Restore Plot Type from Line to Scatter.
Note that Plot Type can be changed only for grouped data plots in Plot Details dialog. And if edit boxes gray out in Offset tab, select Layer on the left pane of Plot Details dialog, and click Stack tab, select Offset Type on the right pane, then you can make it enable.

For more information, you can refer to the CHM (Select Help: Origin):
Customizing Your Graph> Customizing Graph Layer Elements>The (Plot Details) Stack Tab
Or the following link:
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/UserGuide/The_%28Plot_Details%29_Stack_Tab.html

Offset only changes the display of data, it doesn't change data in the worksheet. Therefore offset values are not taken into account for fitting.

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000