The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Waterfall

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gmanesh Posted - 05/07/2010 : 10:41:46 PM
Hi all,
I am trying to make a waterfall plot (Origin8) of a series of data where I have 2 peaks for each data. I wish to give 2 individual colors for the peaks in the waterfall plot, say green for the first peak and red for the second, and rest of the data in each line looks black. So in the waterfall plot the first peak will look like green and the second red and rest of the portion like black. Is there any way to represent like that?
Thanks,
Manesh
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
larry_lan Posted - 05/11/2010 : 05:55:27 AM
Oh, this issue has been fixed in Origin 8.1. My workaround only works in scatter if you using 8.0. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Larry
gmanesh Posted - 05/11/2010 : 01:40:37 AM
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have only 2 peaks in my data set.

I tried to follow your procedure, first I plotted the waterfall, the colors of each line was made identical (black) then selected 2 regions in the worksheet and masked. In the waterfall plot if the data representation is 'line' then the masking does not work. If I make each data into symbols (same color) then the masked points give same colors and rest of the symbols black. In fact I wish to give 2 masked regions two different colors and I would like to have a *line* representation rather than symbols. Is there any solutions to these 2 issues?

Thanks and regards,
Manesh
larry_lan Posted - 05/10/2010 : 9:50:37 PM
Hi Manesh:

Sorry for my misunderstanding. As Easwar mentioned, we don't support this feature in current version. A workaround is you can use Mask Data to partly change the curve color. After plotting the waterfall, set the curves to one single color. And then Mask the data range for the first peak in worksheet. You can then change the masked data color using Mask toolbar.

Basically, this is a "fake" two color waterfall, and the drawback is obviously, it doesn't work when you have three peaks.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
gmanesh Posted - 05/10/2010 : 9:48:54 PM
Hi Eswar,

Thanks for the info. So it is not possible to custom color each line in the waterfall plot in the latest version. You are talking about automatic coloring of the data according to the height variations. Including the manual coloring in addition to the automatic coloring would be helpful for many users.

Thanks much,
Manesh

easwar Posted - 05/10/2010 : 11:40:12 AM
Hi Manesh,

In a future version we are considering adding support to color the lines based on the Y values, so within each line the color would vary depending on height. Would this then address what you want? So if your first peak is say smaller/larger than 2nd peak in all lines, the colors across the lines for the individual peaks would be different.

Easwar
OriginLab
gmanesh Posted - 05/10/2010 : 10:21:04 AM
Hi Larry,
there is a misunderstanding here. I want to give different colors to the same line! For each line in the waterfall plot, I have 2 peaks, for which I want to give 2 independent colors. I know that I can give different colors to different lines by selecting the Edit Mode as Independent..

Do you still have any suggestion?

thanks and regards,
Manesh
larry_lan Posted - 05/10/2010 : 06:05:46 AM
In the Plot Details dialog (double click the graph), Group tab, set the Edit Mode as Independent. Then you can set the line color independently.

Thanks
Larry

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000