The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 how to hide extremum in box chart

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xiaoshuiming Posted - 06/04/2010 : 01:53:50 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8 SR0
Operating System:windows vista

how to hide extremum in box chart.

i use an abnormal distribution data to plot the box chart, the graph display the maximum and minimum defaultly, because the maximun is much larger than the median so the box looks very flat.

how can i plot the graph without the maximum and minimum? anyone who knows please help me, thank you.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xiaoshuiming Posted - 06/07/2010 : 07:19:10 AM
Dear Shirley,
haw-haw, it's a flexible way.thank you so much! setting the Y axis scale "To" item smaller than the maximum of the data, so it will invisible because out of the range.
quote:
Originally posted by Shirley_GZ

Hi XiaoShuiMing,

If so, please try to reset the Y axis scale. Double-click the Y axis to open the Scale tab of Axis dialog, and enter a smaller value for To item to make the Maximum invisible.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

Shirley_GZ Posted - 06/06/2010 : 11:50:01 PM
Hi XiaoShuiMing,

If so, please try to reset the Y axis scale. Double-click the Y axis to open the Scale tab of Axis dialog, and enter a smaller value for To item to make the Maximum invisible.

Thanks,
Shirley

xiaoshuiming Posted - 06/04/2010 : 08:33:41 AM
Thank you, Shirley. i read the help page you showed me, and practised with my data.

Though the maximum of raw data can be masked, the second biggest number becomes the new maximum, if it's still big enough and the problem will be still on. So i have to go on to mask the extremely big numbers untill the box looks not so flat? another problem is that, masking these data will affect the statistic analysis, what i want is just showing the box without the maximum/minimum point. maybe breaking Y axis will make it better.

thank you again.
Shirley_GZ Posted - 06/04/2010 : 05:34:15 AM
Hi XiaoShuiMing,

I don't think it is possible to remove the maximun from existing box chart. So I suggest you to mask this data point(maximun) before you plot the box chart. Please refer to this help page about data masking.

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/Category/Data_Masking.html

Thanks,
Shirley

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000