The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Divide a column in different sections

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zisternas Posted - 06/20/2010 : 1:42:30 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): origin 8.
Operating System: Win XP

Hi everybody

I would like to ask maybe a dumb question

I have data from an experiment that occupies around 30 columns, but there are just 3 or 4 data rows for each column.

To plot them I have to select the data individually in each column or separate them by sheets. Is there something to subdivide a column in several stages, something like the function "Set as Begin" or "Set as End" but partial (not removing all theother data?)

I donīt know if is clear enough explained, if not just ask!

Thanks in advance!

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AmandaLu Posted - 09/28/2010 : 10:13:23 PM
Dear marlue,

To fill the legend with the values from a special column instead of Y data column, you can use the substitution notation: %([workbookname]sheetname, column, row[,format]). For example, if you want to use value in column A(L), first row as Legend, you can:

1. Right click on the Legend box and choose Propertie...
2. In the Object Properties dialog that opens, replace %(1) with %([book1]1!,1,1)

Please note that the row in this notation can also support label row characters such as L for longname.

For more information about this notation, please click here.
marlue Posted - 09/28/2010 : 10:21:09 AM
Dear AmandaLu,

I also want to plot several data groups from the same column. The trick with Ctrl+mouse already helped me very much.

One furthergoing question: Is there a way to fill the legend with the values from your column A(L) instead of the C-Column name?

Thanks!
AmandaLu Posted - 06/25/2010 : 03:55:17 AM
Dear Zisternas,

It cannot divide column into several ranges according to column values. However, there may be an easy way to plot different ranges of the same column at one time.

Hold down Ctrl key on the keyboard while selecting all ranges you want to plot. Release Ctrl key. Then click Line+Symbol button on the 2D Graphs toolbar.

Zisternas Posted - 06/23/2010 : 1:22:27 PM
Thanks AmandaLu, I think this fits what I was searching. Anyway, it doesnīt consider independant the different indexed values? I mean, if I wanted to plot the given example it would plot tireA and tireB as a continous same plot. I was searching for something to do it like this, but I can select the ranges in the plot setup.

Many thanks.
AmandaLu Posted - 06/21/2010 : 06:14:27 AM
Dear Zisternas,

I suppose you want to stack all your 30 columns into 2, and distinguish them by a third column? If so, you can use some LabTalk scripts to stack columns. Below is an example showing you how to stack 2 columns:

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/mergedProjects/QuickHelp/QuickHelp/What_is_indexed_versus_raw_data_and_how_to_I_transform_from_one_to_another.html

If this is not what you want, please explain what you want in details.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000