The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data Annotations Disappear

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sestes Posted - 07/09/2010 : 4:57:21 PM
Hello,

I use the data annotation tool to label specific data points within my graphs; however, if I edit the resulting label (e.g., by adding explanatory text), then save, close, and reopen the project, the labels seem to reset and read "0" and the index of the data point is lost. This does not occur each time I close and reopen the project, nor is it project specific. It seems that the labels stay for quite a while sometimes, and sometimes they disappear immediately after saving and reopening. However, this problem only seems to occur when I edit the labels. If I leave the labels as generated with the annotation tool, they seem to be permanent. A similar problem was reported in the forum in 2008, but as I said above, my problem is not specific to a single OPJ. Also, I just downloaded SR3, but I have not checked to see if the problem has resolved since downloading.

Thanks,

Shanna

Origin: OriginPro 8.1 SR3 Student Version v8.1.34.90
Operating System: MS Windows XP Pro SP3
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 07/12/2010 : 4:51:22 PM
We do not see any problem with the annotation tool not remembering what you enter. I tried cases where I left the original text :
($(x), $(y))[$(i)]
and appended to it :
($(x), $(y))[$(i)] High value
or replaced the original text :
($(x), $(y))[$(i)]
with :
Low Value
and I could save the project, exit Origin and open the project again with no loss of text.

While you say the problem is not specific to an OPJ, it may be happening due to something that your projects have in common and so you should probably send an example OPJ and some steps to reproduce the problem to tech@originlab.com.
sestes Posted - 07/09/2010 : 5:54:14 PM
Just checked, and this problem has not resolved since downloading SR3.

Thanks,

Shanna

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000