The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Selecting multiple, individual data points

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ptanyuh Posted - 07/30/2010 : 08:00:58 AM
Hello,

I am new here and relatively new to Origin. I would like to be able to select more than one individual data point in order to change the symbols to refer to those data points specifically. However, when I use ctrl-double-click, I can only select *one* data point and the same does not work when I go to select another one in the same dataset; instead it selects the entire dataset. Can someone please assist me in this? It is terribly frustrating.

Thank you kindly and enjoy your day,
~t
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptanyuh Posted - 08/02/2010 : 05:42:49 AM
Okay, Larry! Thanks! With a little messing around, your suggestion should work :)
larry_lan Posted - 07/30/2010 : 10:09:39 AM
Hi:

Ctrl & Click is design to select ONE point only. If there are many data points in your graph need to be set a different symbol, maybe you can try to use another dataset to control this plot attribute?

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
ptanyuh Posted - 07/30/2010 : 08:19:23 AM
Hi again,

I guess I'm an idiot because I can't figure out how to edit my post.

Anyway, I need to clarify something about my problem. I am able to select multiple datapoints that do not have the same y-value, but the point I need to choose has the same y-value as three other points and I am having trouble selecting it.

Thanks!

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000