The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Error bars

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
thentangler Posted - 08/17/2010 : 12:03:59 AM
Origin Ver. 8.1 and Service Release: 3
Operating System: Win 7

Hi guys,
How do I add error bars to multiple graphs?
I have plotted multiple graphs from multiple worksheets from a workbook.
I then plotted an average plot of all those plots. How do I add error bars from already plotted graphs?
The method described in the help file says to select the multiple Y columns and choose statistics on rows to create mean and Yerr columns. But my data are among multiple sheets, and it doesnt allow me to select rows across multiple sheets, it only allows to select rows in one particular sheet at a time.
Is there a way to do that. If not Id have to copy and paste each Y column from around 30 sheets to a single worksheet.
Please help
Thanks
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thentangler Posted - 08/17/2010 : 03:32:29 AM
Hi DataConv,
Thank you so much for the reply. I did not know this was also a way.
But I can only select one column from each sheet. So I still have to create columns and open the dialog box. So if I have 30 columns I have to keep clicking on create columns etc...
Is there a way I can first create 30 columns in the temp worksheet and then choose columns from multiple sheets in the script dialog box?

Right now im using a Labtalk script to pick and place columns from each worksheet into the temp worksheet using the same range method.
But i have to keep renaming the worksheet like S1,S2,S3 etc, since im using a for loop and I need a number to index the sheet. As a result i lose the original name of the sheet which describes the data set.
ANy help would be appreciated.
DataConv Posted - 08/17/2010 : 01:58:06 AM
Hello,
You don't have to copy and paste the datasets. Create a new worksheet as temporary workspace for the data to process and display (of course your workfile might get huge - but that's the price). In the new worksheet you mark a column and open the 'Set value' dialogue (as for calculation). Then in the upper menu of this dialog you find 'variables' and in that the point 'insert range variable'. Now a browser opens and you can select the column of the sheet you are interested in. After the selection, in the script part of the 'Set value' dialogue should be something like
r1 = range ...
. Simply type the 'r1' in the calculation window. On 'Apply' or 'Ok' you now have a copy of the column in the new sheet. Changes in your original data will be regarded depending on the option 'automatically' or 'manual' recalculation mode...
I would advice to use the <Ctrl><Q> key combination to open this dialogue. Faster than clicking around...

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000