The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with x columns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kostas T Posted - 09/14/2010 : 03:29:30 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8
Operating System:win xp

Hi there

I want to create a graph with many x columns for one y column in a work****. I can create a graph with many y columns and one x column but I can't do the reverse. For example I Put in the first column some values and set them as y and then enter other columns beside the y column with different values and set them as x1, x2, x3 and so on. When I press the plot button it apears a message that says "your column selection must include associated plot designations.See help for more information".What can I do? Please help

thank you in regards
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Silvia Hilt Posted - 10/24/2016 : 11:14:56 AM
Hello, I am new to this forum, I have the latest Origin pro Student version (2016). I have the same problem when trying to have one Y and multiple Xs. What is weirder, the graphs look OK if I plot designate what should be Y axis values with X and the multiple Xs as Ys. However, if I try to label these, the label for the Y axis (aka what is now plot designed as X) appears as label of the Y on the graph, which I want, but also as one of the labels in the legend for the Xs in the legend box. Additionally, I cannot copy and paste columns from one work sheet into another, like the old version (Origin 7 or so) will allow it. This is highly inconvenient, and really for the amount of money we pay, not worth it.
DataConv Posted - 09/14/2010 : 08:42:37 AM
Hello Kostas T,

make your first plot the way you did up to now. Now add a new layer in this graph and link it 1:1 for the y-axis. Now you can manipulate the second (and subsequent) x-axis the way you like...

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000