The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to work out volume of 3D data

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mauricegue Posted - 09/30/2010 : 06:18:02 AM
Hello, i have 50,000 points of xyz data representing a fire damage concrete slab. The z axis represents the depth of concrete spalling (how much concrete has peeled away). I would like to know how to work out the volume of this surface. When i run the peak analyzer, it tells me i have too many points. Any ones help would be very much appreciated.

Kindest Regards
Maurice
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 09/30/2010 : 9:31:20 PM
Hi Maurice,

You can convert your XYZ data to a matrix (using the Worksheet->Convert to Matrix->XYZ Gridding menu item). Then once in matrix form, you can select Analysis->Mathematics->2D Volume Integrate to compute the volume.

If your XYZ data is regularly spaced in X and Y, then matrix conversion will be a true representation of your data. If X and Y are not uniformly spaced, gridding will be performed which will then provide a surface/matrix close to your raw data, but not exactly the same values.

The above menu items refer to versions 8.x, if you have previous versions, download our demo, we just relased 8.5 and try the above. If you have further problems with this, please send your data to tech support.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000