The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Software bug or my wrong settings?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
benmok Posted - 11/02/2010 : 03:08:51 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
OriginPro 8SR4 v8.0951(B951)
AND
OriginPro 8.5.0 SR0 b130(Evaluation)
Operating System: win Xp

Origin can never ouput an object (no matter using "Export graphs" or "Copy page") to MS WORD, MS POWERPOINT, or PHOTOSHOP by exact 1:1 scale!

For example, If you set 12 point size of font in an Origin graph and output this graph to MS WORD or PHOTOSHOP by "Export graphs" or "Copy page", the font is always slightly smaller or larger than those typed in MS OFFICE or PHOTOSHOP in the same size. (Note that Origin Tool-Options-Page-Margin has been set to "page" to achieve an exact output dimension, e.g. 8cm*6cm, and the graph pasted in MS WORD is resized to the same physical dimension, viz. 8cm*6cm). Then when you type text letters (12 point) on this graph and compare the "same" size font in the graph, you will find the fonts are not of the same size!

Everyone can take a try and validate what I said. And this problem has puzzled me for a long time when I tried to edit an Origin graph in WORD papers submitted to SCI.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000