The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Non-linear curve fit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tripsandfalls Posted - 11/03/2010 : 11:19:10 PM
I'm trying to fit a non-linear decay using the built in dialog... I have this same problem no matter what I do (pic attached).

Any ideas?

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 11/05/2010 : 10:33:10 AM
Hi,

Looks like you are using the Expdecay1 built-in function. Once you bring up the fitter tool on your data and the parameters are auto initialized, before you do any iterations, try fixing the x0 parameter to the initial value. Then press fit till converged. If from your experiment you know x0 has to be some specific value for the fit to make sense, then put in that value and fix it and then do the iterations. If this also fails, send us the data.

Easwar
OriginLab
Shirley_GZ Posted - 11/05/2010 : 03:11:31 AM
Hi,

Please send your project and FDF file (if you defined the fitting function by yourself) to tech@originlab.com. In your email, please provide your serial number and quote this post.

About how to send us big files, please see here, http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=752.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000