The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Differentiate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kolza Posted - 02/17/2011 : 05:01:24 AM
Origin Ver. -Pro 8.1- and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Seven

Hi Origin users,

I'd like to do something a bit special, I'm sure the function exists on that software but I couldn't find it.

I'd like to make a difference between two Y values on a graph using the data in the worksheet and represent it on the graph like an arrow or something else. Or maybe clearer, pointing on the graph two ordinates and have directly the result of Y1-Y2 without having to calculate it by hand. And having it marked by either an colored area or an arrow.

Thanks in advance.

Kolza

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 02/21/2011 : 03:14:34 AM
Hi Kolza,

This tool doesn't support to add result labels on graph directly. Actually, since Origin 8.5, Origin offers a more appropriate tool, rise time gadget.

In this tool, Fall Range is what you want, please note that From (%) of Step Height and To (%) of Step Height under Fall Range are 10 and 90 by default. To get the full height, please set them as 0 and 100.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Kolza Posted - 02/18/2011 : 06:04:40 AM
Great, that's nearly the tool I expected.

It will help me a lot. Can the data displayed in the window appear directly on the plot like a clik-and-drop text box ?
Shirley_GZ Posted - 02/18/2011 : 05:31:16 AM
Hi Kolza,

Do you mean you want to calculate the distance between two points on Y axis? Please try this tool.

Shirley

Kolza Posted - 02/18/2011 : 03:59:36 AM
Thank you Shirley but it's not what I want, maybe an image would explain it better.

The black curve has three drops and each one has an attached arrow which represents the difference between the plateaux. That's excactly what I would have liked to do with Origin.
Shirley_GZ Posted - 02/18/2011 : 12:51:38 AM
Hi Kolza,

I suppose this kind of graph is what you want.

Shirley

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000