The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fit Workspace size to graph size ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ihaveaquestion Posted - 02/21/2011 : 03:43:17 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0988
Operating System: Windows XP

Hello,

Is there a method to automatically fit the workspace size to the size of my graph (including labelling axis of course)? The reason for this is that I want to export the graphs directly to my written text and the image shouldn't be bigger as it needs to be and I don't like to post process every single image.

Thank you in advance,
kind regards
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
larry_lan Posted - 02/22/2011 : 03:56:21 AM
Select "Tools -> Option", and active the "Page" tab. You can change "Margin Control" to "Tight" here either. After that, try again to copy+paste graph to Word.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab
ihaveaquestion Posted - 02/21/2011 : 06:30:57 AM
Thank you for your fast reply. The export with "tight in page" setting is the option I searched for. But I have another question.

I uploaded two images for better understanding.
When I merge two graphs in origin than I have something like this:

there is much unneccesary white space. I want to embed the graph directly into microsoft word and so I want the graph to look like this:

Is this possible without previous export of the graph to an image file?

Thank you in advance,
kind regards

Deanna Posted - 02/21/2011 : 04:30:33 AM
Hi.

I am not very sure of what you mean. Are you trying to export multiple graphs to a desired size? The Image Size branch in the Export Graphs (expGraph) dialog can be used to control the size of the exported image. If you are exporting multiple graphs, the options apply to all graphs. Plus, the settings in this dialog can be saved as a "theme" and reused in exporting in future.

Or, are you looking for some control to trim the margin of your graph page? Under the Export Settings branch in the Export Graphs (expGraph) dialog, there is a Margin Control drop-down list. Please try whether Tight or Tight in Page can yield what you want.

If I have misunderstood your questions, please reply and provide us more details.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000