The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 being able to see what the XY coordinates are

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ridge1988 Posted - 02/21/2011 : 07:26:40 AM
Hello, I'm completely new to origin and am having a bit of difficulty. I have made a plot of the derivative of my data and I now wish to identify where the peaks are in the derivative. I've seen my supervisor do this thing where he simply hovers over the plot with the mouse and it shows the XY coordinates, and the movement of the mouse is restricted to along the line of the data. This way I can look for peaks and compare them to the original graph, however after going through all the buttons and things I can't seem to find anything that does this, and I have the manual but I'm not sure where to look. I'm using OriginPro8, thanks!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ridge1988 Posted - 02/22/2011 : 10:31:35 AM
Hi Easwar,

Thank you so much! That's really helpful, you have no idea how long I hunted around trying to find out what tool did that!
easwar Posted - 02/21/2011 : 09:22:20 AM
Hi,

What you need is the Data Reader tool, which can be found in the Tools toolbar. You can refer to this help page for further info:
http://originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/UserGuide/The_Data_Reader_and_Screen_Reader_Tools.html

In versions 8.0 and higher, in addition to the Data Display window, there is also a Data Info window where for example you can display values from other columns in the same worksheet to be shown along with the x,y values of the current data plot you are examining.

To easily compare original data and its derivative, it may be helpful to plot both in same graph as a double-y plot where each y axis has its own scale so they can be overlaid and one can see where the peaks are in derivative with respect to the original.

In version 8.5, there is a Differentiation Gadget that can compute different orders of derivative and plot original data and say 1st, 2nd etc derivative in same graph, and you can then move around a region of interest to examine your data closely. See this page for 8.5 feature highlights: http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin&PID=1703

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000