The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 "set column values.." for multiple columns in 1 go

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
titties Posted - 02/27/2011 : 06:21:37 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 8.5
Operating System: Win7, 64 bit

Dear All,

I have a lot of spectra (y-columns) that are plotted against the same X-column dataset. For each Y-column I want to subtract the value at a given x-value (.ie. subtract column y1 with the value of column y1 at X = 1000, and then subtract the column y2 with the value of column y2 at X = 1000, etc. etc.).

I can do this manually by using the "set column values" for each column by writing e.g.: Col(B)-value at X = 1000, where the value at X=1000 is selected and copy-pasted, which is a bit tedious.

I then figured out to simplify this a bit, and for each column I now enter:

wcol(_ThisColNum)-wcol(_ThisColNum)[24]

, where [24] specifies the row number that corresponds to my X = 1000.

This is good, but I still have to copy-paste the above code into "set column values" for each column.

My question now is: Can this be done in a simpler way to apply this to all the columns in one step?

Thank for any response.

Kind Regards,
Tissie
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
titties Posted - 03/02/2011 : 07:32:12 AM
Thanks AmandaLu,

I will look into some scripting with your piece of code as starting point :)

Kind Regards
AmandaLu Posted - 02/28/2011 : 9:30:11 PM
Hi titties,

In fact, it is not so much difficult to learn LabTalk. I just write an example for you to begin with

loop(ii, 2, wks.ncols)
{col($(ii))-=cell(24,$(ii));} //substract row 24 for col(2) to the end
titties Posted - 02/28/2011 : 11:07:45 AM

Hi AmandaLu,

Thank you for your response. Ok, your 2nd option is slightly more refined than my copy-pasting, so I think i'll go with that method, which is faster than me beginning to figure out how to write a script, as I am not much of a programmer.. hehe.

Thanks,
Tissie
AmandaLu Posted - 02/28/2011 : 05:58:59 AM
Hi titties,

To set all columns values at one time, you need to write LabTalk scripts to loop this formula.

Or you can save this formula by select Formula: Save As in the Set Column Values dialog. Then click >> button to go to the next column. Then select the formula you saved under Formula menu to load it. This may alleviate the work a little bit, but cannot set all columns value in one time.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000