The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to plot scatter and line plot on the same grap

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shaila Bahl Posted - 03/05/2011 : 09:26:14 AM
Hi all
I need to submit and urgent assignment in which i am facing problem in plotting graphs.......
My question is...
I have two data one experimental and one theoretical.Now i want to plot them in the same graph in which i want to represent the experimental data as line plot and experimental as a scatter plot .I have origin 6.1 version in which i am not able plot them simultaneously.....

Is there any way to do this please help me its urgent

Regards
Shaila
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 03/06/2011 : 3:18:33 PM
Hi Shaila,

Have you set your column plot designation for both curves as Y? For example, if all your data are in the same worksheet, set the columns to be XYXY. Then you can just select all columns and create plot, resulting in both Ys being plotted in same layer.

If your data is in two separate worksheets, first plot one curve and then
a> double click on the top left layer icon of the graph, which will open Layer n dialog, and then move in the other data from left to right
OR
b> click and select Y column in the 2nd worksheet, then move the mouse to the right edge of the Y column till cursor type changes showing a graph icon, then hold mouse down and drag and drop this 2nd column onto the existing graph, thereby adding the 2nd dataset.

Once both datasets are in the graph, you can double click on the plots to open dialog to further customize the plot type such as line or symbol etc.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000