The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Enzyme Kd determination - equation won't compile

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
drestef Posted - 03/20/2011 : 3:51:17 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0
Operating System:Windows 7

Dear Origin community,

I am having some problems concerning determination of an enzyme Kd. I am using a competitive titration method:

Competitor 1 forms a 2:1 complex with the ligand and can be photometrically detected. The reaction Kd is given by literature.

Competitor 2 forms a 1:1 complex with the ligand of which Kd is to be detected.

For the experiment, competitor 2 is added to a mixture of ligand and an excess of competitor 1. competitor 2 picks up substrate from competitor 1, so the concentration of the ligand-competitor 1 complex is reduced and the light absorbtion decreases. I found an equation that seems to perfectly fit to the experiment and I have already examined it using a maths calculation software - The graph is shown below and also seems to perfectly match the data. The equation is:

a/b = (x/(c - y) - 1)/((d/y - 2)^2 · y)

where
a = Kd of competitor 2 (which is the parameter of interest),
b = Kd of competitor 1,
c = starting concentration of the substrate-competitor 1 complex
d = total concentration of competitor 1

The variables are
x = concentration of competitor 2 and
y = concentration of substrate-competitor 1 complex

The problem is that I am not able to get the function compiled in origin. The actual fit has not even taken place yet. It would be great if soumeone could give me a hint or perhaps even send me an origin project file containing the equation. I need this for my master's thesis and I can't find anybody who is able to help me with this.

Best regards from germany,
Steffen

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cc261 Posted - 03/27/2011 : 10:22:13 AM
try a soft named Auto2Fit or 1stOpt, they support nonlinear regression for implicit function perfectly.
Penn Posted - 03/21/2011 : 04:24:48 AM
Hi Steffen,

I am not sure whether your equation has analytic solution. Origin currently does not support the fitting of implicit function, that is to say, the fitting function must can be written as y=f(x). If you have make sure that your fitting function can be written as y=f(x), please follow this tutorial.

Penn

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000