The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Two-way ANOVA raw data problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dolamroth Posted - 04/21/2011 : 06:30:53 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 8 SR2, v8.0891
Operating System: Win XP

Hi!

I'm trying to do a two-way ANOVA test where I have Factor A with 2 levels and Factor B with 3 levels. For all combinations I have a different number of measurments (e.g. A1B1 n=13, A2B1 n=18 ...) and if I run the test with indexed data, it works fine.
Yet, I'd like to run the test on raw data where I have the data in 6 seperate columns for all the factor combinations as the indexing is a rather elaborate copy-paste work.
When I use the raw-data input mode and select the columns (or only the cells with data), I get the error message:
Data do not follow balanced design. Every cell must have one and only one data element.

When I get'balanced design' then I don't think that I need balanced design for this kind of test (it also works with the indexed data).

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Thanks!
mark
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 04/25/2011 : 12:36:28 PM
Hi Mark,

This restriction/message you are encountering was there in version 8.0. It was removed/fixed in versions 8.1 onwards.

You can download the 8.5 demo and give it a try with your data.

Also in latest version 8.5.1 which is due to be released soon, we have added Stack and Unstack tools for rearranging data from indexed to raw and back. One of these tools existed in 8.5.0, but we improved it as well in upcoming 8.5.1

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000