The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data selector is drunken

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
veso Posted - 04/21/2011 : 6:11:29 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release: 8.5.0 SR1
Operating System: Windows 7 home premium

I have in my Layer several data sets and the points almost overlap but still there is a difference. Now, I want to make fit with part of the points from a data set. First I choose in Data the desired data set and then go to take the data selector. Here, in the older version everything worked perfect but in this version when clicking around the desired place to place there the data selector, another arbitrary data set switches in. How I can make the process of data selection a stable one and choose always the data set I want?

vt
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laurie Posted - 04/25/2011 : 2:48:56 PM
In previous versions, the data selector would have only worked on the active dataplot, but now you first get a pointer for you to click to select any dataplot you wish to set a range.

When data points almost overlap, sometimes it can be hard to select the one you want, so what you can do is temporarily hide the other dataplots. To do that, double-click on one of the points to open the Plot Details dialog. On the left hand side of the dialog, note the checkboxes in front of each dataplot name. Uncheck the boxes for all but the one that you wish to set the range. Click OK.

You can later go back to Plot Details and check all boxes. Alternatively, you can right-click inside the graph layer (not on any dataplot) and choose "Show All Data Plots" from the context menu.

OriginLab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000