The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Axis units locking for template

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
insanegathering Posted - 04/28/2011 : 03:00:05 AM
Origin 8.1.34.90 SR3 1991-2010 Windows Vista Business.
I am new to Origin and I am required to generate multi-panel scatter plots. I need to add lines onto each of these scatter plots to represent a limit. However when I draw the lines on and save template as, any new plots generated lose the lines due to the axis automatically changing to fit the new data. Is there a way of making the lines stay on the graphs or fixing the axis as a template?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
insanegathering Posted - 04/29/2011 : 01:04:32 AM
Hi Laurie,
Thanks for your help, this was exactly what I was after!
Cheers,
Jo.
quote:
Originally posted by Laurie

Hi Jo,

Ok, you do want the line object attached to Layer and Scales since it needs to be at a fixed Y value. Changing the 'Attach to' to Layer Frame would keep the line at a fixed location but not at a fixed value. You do want the line to then move depending upon the axis scale values, but it sounds like the axes are rescaling such that the value where the line is at is not within the axis limits.

To keep your axis from and to scale values fixed, you need to set the Rescale to Manual on the Scale tab in the Axis dialog. (Double-click on the X or Y axis) This setting is remembered when the graph template is saved. New graphs will not rescale the X or Y axes.

Thank you,
Laurie

OriginLab Technical Support

Laurie Posted - 04/28/2011 : 09:45:36 AM
Hi Jo,

Ok, you do want the line object attached to Layer and Scales since it needs to be at a fixed Y value. Changing the 'Attach to' to Layer Frame would keep the line at a fixed location but not at a fixed value. You do want the line to then move depending upon the axis scale values, but it sounds like the axes are rescaling such that the value where the line is at is not within the axis limits.

To keep your axis from and to scale values fixed, you need to set the Rescale to Manual on the Scale tab in the Axis dialog. (Double-click on the X or Y axis) This setting is remembered when the graph template is saved. New graphs will not rescale the X or Y axes.

Thank you,
Laurie

OriginLab Technical Support
insanegathering Posted - 04/28/2011 : 09:10:54 AM
Hi Echo,
I've tried this and it doesn't work... I am after a template for a multipanel scatter graph set. Each layer (graph) on the page contains a different metal with a series of plots for concentration, and each individual metal (graph) will require a line accross the entire X axis indicating a singular limit of reporting concentration (i.e As = 0.1mg/Kg, Fe=0.02mg/Kg). I need the line to remain in the same place on the graph for that particular metal when used as a template. I am simply drawing a line onto the plots at the moment, and changing it to layer frame only etc doesn't keep it in place when I use the template for different datasets. Am I doing this incorrectly? Is there an easier way? Thanks heaps for your help.
Cheers,
Jo.

quote:
Originally posted by Echo_Chu

Hi, Jo,

To have the line not to change with scale, you can
1. Right click on the line and select Properties from short cut menu.
2. Select Control tab in the pop-up dialog
3. Change Attach to opion as Layer Frame instead of Layer and Scale
4. Save the template.

Please see whether this is what you want

Echo

Echo_Chu Posted - 04/28/2011 : 05:14:18 AM
Hi, Jo,

To have the line not to change with scale, you can
1. Right click on the line and select Properties from short cut menu.
2. Select Control tab in the pop-up dialog
3. Change Attach to opion as Layer Frame instead of Layer and Scale
4. Save the template.

Please see whether this is what you want

Echo

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000